10.28.2009

Wish List Wednesday: Autumn Lovelies

I usually don't really decorate much for the changing of the seasons, with the exception of maybe exchanging a pine-scented candle for the mint chocolate one and putting up the Christmas tree around the holidays. Mostly, my ambivalence about seasonal decorating springs from a dislike I have for putting an abundance of useless things in my home that will just sit there and serve no purpose. I do have candlesticks on my dining room table, but we use them for nice meals. And I do have a vintage globe on my coffee table, but we occasionally use it for geographical reference.

But I've been looking around for easy, simple, and practical ways to bring a little more fall into our house, because I love it so outside, and have curated this charming little collection of Etsy items for you today.

I'm such a fan of these fabric floor cushions, available in several different fabrics, from Branch and Birdie. This one features pretty autumn leaves and hues.

These fantastic stained wooden wall cutouts would probably stay up in my house year-round. By JinxMurphy Designs. It's an awesome shop; you should really go and take a look.

Pretty painted golden shabby candlesticks at the broken house, which has several different colors of these available. I like the pretty moss green ones as well.

These awesome fabric leaf stems by Jane Joss (Texas artist!) would make a lovely centerpiece for your Thanksgiving table, and the individual leaves themselves would be pretty tied with jute twine around your linen napkins.

And a fun twist on the Christmas wreath is this wonderful vintage paper autumn wreath accented with a sweet little silver pumpkin and fall-colored flowers. By fern and flora designs.


What are some of your favorite fall decorating finds or traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you leave me comments! Thanks!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin