10.14.2009

Pretty Package

If you've ordered from my Etsy shop lately, you know that when your padded package arrived from pink street, there was a cute tag announcing your name and address, and that your items inside were wrapped up neatly (or at least I tried really hard) with brown paper, maybe an air mail envelope or some international stamps, and some fun baker's twine. I've been making an effort for the past couple of months, ever since revamping my Etsy shop, to make my packaging as pretty and one-of-a-kind as the jewelry it contains. I still have lots of ideas, and haven't perfected my style or technique, but one of my favorite things now is looking at wrapping, ribbons, twine, envelopes, bags, embellishments, etc, and mentally incorporating them into future pink street packaging.

So I thought it appropriate to post about it today. I have some lovely inspiration for you. First, a lovely little shop selling charming packaging items on Etsy, hooray design shop, is offering a giveaway at oh, hello friend! You really must go over and enter! My favorite from the hooray design shop is the gift tag set.

Also, a wonderful pair of very talented ladies, Marichelle and Ez, have launched a beautiful shop called Nice Package stocked full of all kinds of creative goodies. I could live there.

And of course, some of my perennial favorites on Etsy, are low fidelity, caramelos, and The Whimsical Muse. I seriously can't get enough of all the wonderfulness.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah,
    I LOVE your blog. I recently stumbled upon your blog after coveting several of your lovely designs on Etsy. I am also a fellow Lubbock-ite, although definitely not a native. I would love to see some of your designs in person. Are you setting up at the next First Friday Art Trail??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin,
    I'm so glad that you found me, and that you left a comment to tell me you were here! It's always nice to meet locals.

    I will definitely be at the Art Trail in November -- that would be the 6th -- and I'm always at the Alderson Mercedes building at 17th and Texas. Just so you know, though, the stock I bring with me to Art Trail is completely separate from the items I'm selling in my Etsy shop, but if you love one of my Etsy items and want to see it/try it on in person, just let me know beforehand, and I'll make sure to bring it!

    Thanks again for writing!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah, thanks for featuring my shop on your blog. Lovely blog & name!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave me comments! Thanks!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin