1) It's free!
2) Its programs are educational for children and adults alike.
3) Not a single reality show has ever aired on PBS.
4) Rick Steve's Europe is the bomb, and is a Saturday morning tradition in the Timmons household.
5) I sometimes get a little too caught up in Antiques Roadshow.
6) PBS airs Austin City Limits -- yeah!
7) Besides the emphasis on literacy and education, two things I believe in strongly, I love that PBS also promotes environmental responsibility and draws attention to social justice issues.
8) Masterpiece has to be the greatest program that has ever aired on national TV; Masterpiece Classics are my favorite (complete works of Jane Austen last winter, and Dickens canon coming soon!), but I can't get enough of Inspector Lynley and Agatha Christie's Miss Marple on Masterpiece Mystery.
9) Great Performances brings to my living room Broadway plays and operas that I'd never see otherwise; last week Nathan and I cuddled up on the couch with Cryano de Bergerac (Kevin Kline was fantastic!).
10) This, in itself, is quite reason enough to fall in love with PBS.