12.03.2009

DIY Thursday: Fabric Flower Garland

I remember seeing these charming fabric flower garlands in a wedding magazine or post on a bridal blog several months ago, though unfortunately, I can't remember where. I loved the idea, and was so thrilled to find a tutorial for them on Once Wed this week, after being reminded of the fantastic idea by this post at Blue Moss. I think that they would make wonderful holiday decorations, and could be done in any color combination you choose. My tree is packed with vintage glass ornaments, and my home full of lots of bright colors at the holidays, so I think I'd choose to include blues, aquas, yellows, and of course pinks, in addition to traditional red and green. See photos of the originals here, and then feast your eyes on the garlands created for the tutorial. (Full instructions here.)

Oh, if only there were enough time before Christmas to fill every room with strands and strands of them. I think I'll start on that in January, so that at least I can make it a reality by next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you leave me comments! Thanks!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin