5.21.2009

DIY Thursday: Paper Silhouettes

I found this project at Craftynest, via design*sponge, here.

Here are the full instructions by Monica Ewing of Craftynest, who made these beautiful paper silhouettes:

"This was a simple, inexpensive project. I thought it would be sweet to have silhouettes of my daughter hanging on her wall but found it impossible to keep her still long enough to trace her outline. I settled on this solution. I found these simple frames at a dollar store. The entire project cost less than $10, but it adds a personal touch to her room. Here’s how to do it:
Supplies and tools
photographs
scrapbook paper
glue stick
white card stock
frames
double-sided tape
printer or photo copier
scissors
1. Search your photo collection to find images that are profile or silhouette shots. Copy or print them as large as possible on an 8-1/2- x 11-inches sheet of paper.
2. Tape the photo page and scrapbook paper back-to-back then cut out around shape of the child in the photo.
3. Glue the silhouettes onto white card stock and frame them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you leave me comments! Thanks!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin