4.28.2009

Part One, In Which I Keep My Promise to my Dear Readers

I've been assuring you all for over a month that I'd post pics of the Spring Fling and of Pink Street come to life after this weekend, and knowing that the suspense has nearly incapacitated most of you, I happily assuage your curiosity here and now.

. . . But first, I'll tell you a little about how it went. Setting up my table took me much longer than expected -- about 4 and a half hours -- but I think it was worth it in the end. So many kind people that day and all day Saturday told me how creative and effective they thought it was, and I was pleased too with how it turned out. We all got a little bit toasty, but had so much fun chatting with each other and with other artists, wandering around and choosing our own purchases from the other incredible handmade items there, and talking to the customers who were kind enough to buy from us. All in all, a success, I'd say.

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for: some pics Nathan took of me setting up my table on Friday afternoon, and of the display in progress.

And a close-up of the sign (which I made with grosgrain, scrapbook papers, and a large print-out of my logo from Kinko's):

More shots of the display and my pieces close-up, and then a final one of our booth -- my table and the lovely one next to it of my booth-mates, Evan Sanford and Allison Moore, of Olive & Everette.

Coming tomorrow, more photos of the rest of our lovely weekend getaway to historic Fort Worth.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, swigs, the display looks really fabulous. I'm super impressed. I mean, I know how awesome you are on a normal basis, and this really exceeded my expectations. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you leave me comments! Thanks!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin