6.29.2009

My Weekend

Was awesome. With only a very few exceptions. Friday night was a communal family birthday party at which there was lots of laughing and lovely desserts. On Saturday morning we slept in and ate biscuits for breakfast while watching Rick Steves explore Madrid. Then for most of the afternoon, we read and rested. I made beef empanadas with golden raisins and asadero for dinner, after which we went out and worked for about an hour and a half in the backyard, stripping out the rogue trees that won't leave our kind plants alone. I went in shortly before Nathan, got in the shower, and ten minutes later, was frightened out of my wits when he knocked loudly on the bathroom window from the backyard -- it had started to rain, and I had inadvertently locked him out. Oops. I had to get out of the shower to go let my poor, sopping husband back into the house. (I'm really sorry about that, dear.)

And Sunday morning was even better: we decided that due to a sad lack of milk in the house, we'd have to go to Krispy Kreme for breakfast. And while we were there, they started baking, and gave both of us a free doughnut! Then we ran a couple more errands, including the library and grocery store, after which we came back home and I worked on finishing the custom wedding order I posted about on Friday. (More pictures coming soon.) More reading, jewelry, and the making of tasty homemade enchiladas followed. Then, what we all (well, I, mostly) had been waiting for: Hercule Poirot on Masterpiece Mystery! It was brilliant, just brilliant. I love Masterpiece, and Agatha Christie on Masterpiece is a wonderful treat.

I advise you to go and have a wonderful treat. I see a trip to Krispy Kreme in your future, I think. Happy day to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you leave me comments! Thanks!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin